NSW Rural Fire Service HQ Relocation
CPS was appointed as the client representative and technical advisor to provide Project Director Services for the relocation of NSW RFS headquarters from Lidcombe to Sydney Olympic Park.
There are a number of stakeholders involved in this unique project. Property NSW, on behalf of RFS, were the lessee in the Agreement for Lease with the lessor, GPT. The base building contractor is Lendlease Building.
The scope of works include fit-out of 3 commercial office floors into typical office areas and breakout spaces, “public library”, training and meeting rooms, media area, reception area and operation command centre. The design and construction of the operation command centre area need to cater for maximum occupancy rate during bushfire seasons and minimal occupancy rate during off-peak seasons.
Specific tasks include:
- Overall communications and stakeholder management
- Development of functional and performance briefs
- Full financial control and administration
- Negotiating and value engineering with Tier 1 contractor
- Review of developed design and ensure compliance with client’s briefs
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations within tight time frame
- Relocation of existing facilities in the building
- Overview of base building programme
- Changes to base building works to suit fitout
Client: NSW Rural Fire Service
Locations: Sydney Olympic Park NSW
Service: Client Representative & Project Director