CPS was engaged in November 2014 for the provision of project management consultancy services for the Macquarie Square Master Planning Project.
The focus of the development is to improve public transport efficiencies whilst enhancing the civic amenities within the area, effectively to create a new transport interchange and town centre. This is based on enhancing the existing transport links by increasing the capacity of the interchange, improve pedestrian safety and amenity and improving bus/rail transport integration to accommodate future growth of the expanding precinct.
It is intended that the precinct will operate 24/7, be a “civic heart” for the local community, invigorate a night time economy and enhance a sense of identity by driving commercial investment and urban renewal through transit orientated development.
The proposed development was lodged by the proponent under the NSW Government Unsolicited Proposal Scheme [UPS] and following the assessment process, NSW Government provided its Participation Agreement for the proponent to progress to Stage 2 of the UPS. Stage 2 of the USP in response to the Participation Agreement has been submitted and is under review by state government.
Part of CPS’s initial role was to establish the project stakeholders, decision-makers and procure the consultants necessary to provide concept designs, analysis, reports and advice in support of the submission on behalf of the proponent’s submission.
Preparation of the Stage 2 submission comprised a significant number of elements to be addressed and coordinated which included:
- enhancement of the Stage 1 proposal
- respond directly to the Stage 2 requirements and the participation agreement
- general description of the commercial and future management
- how the project fits with the future proposals/master plans, public transport operations and layout capacity to meet Transport for NSW’s future requirements
- details of what the proponent is providing and what is required from Government
- indicative use of any of the public spaces and quantifying the public benefit
- property issues to outline the proposed / necessary land transfers to effect ultimate proposal with property title details of impacted land
- preparation of concept designs, proposed vehicular and pedestrian flow, indicative landscape treatment and safety/security solutions embedded in designs, fly through and 3D imagery
- traffic and transport study, quality surveyor report and cost plan
Client: Macquarie University & AMP Capital Investors
Locations: Macquarie University, North Ryde
Service: Project Management
For more information please contact us:email@example.com