Kelso Aged Care Facility
CPS was engaged for project management services for the delivery of a new build 60 bed extension and upgrade to the existing Kelso facility for The Whiddon Group.
The scope of works included:
- 60 bed new build accommodation extension
- Demolition of existing, and construction of new kitchen and laundry facilities
- Office relocation and refurbishments
- Café with external terrace
- Construction of linked Pavilion Building with main entry, reception and offices
- Kitchen capacity upgrade to include Meals on Wheels requirements and serviceability
- Refurbishment and upgrade of dining and food servery spaces
- Integration of existing systems and new facilities
- Fire Sprinkler installation to existing facility
The buildings provide value for money on a whole of life cost basis, and meet the long term operational needs, with the ability to be safely constructed, operated, maintained and upgraded. Construction was completed in November 2015 and in 2016 The Whiddon Group Kelso facility won the National Catering Facility of the year at the Aged Care Hospitality Awards event.
Client: The Whiddon Group
Location: Kelso, NSW
Service: Project Management