2017 is proving to be an exciting year for Bethlehem College Ashfield with the commencement of the new building program. CPS has been appointed by Sydney Catholic Schools since September 2016 to Project Manage the delivery phase which includes:
- Construction of a new 3 level 2000 sq m classroom block
- State-of-the art Resource Centre
- Refurbishment of an existing 3 level 1600 sq m classroom block
- New building link between new and old buildings
- Refurbishment of ancillary buildings and external landscaping in the central square of the school and throughout the grounds to bring much needed 21st century learning spaces and facilities to the school
Dating back to 1881 Bethlehem College is the oldest Catholic girls college in western Sydney and located in a densely populated inner west suburb of Sydney which presents challenges for the project such as construction site access, minimising impact to adjoining residential neighbours and most importantly construction in a live environment while the college takes a ‘business as usual’ approach to its staff and students.
The project commenced in January 2017 with Stage 1 which includes the construction of a new building, the demolition of another building to create a larger open outdoor green space and the renewal of the Library, Music, Visual Arts and TAS facilities. Once completed, the students will enjoy 21st Century Learning spaces to support the outstanding 21st Century learning that currently occurs at the College.
Client: Sydney Catholic Schools
Location: Ashfield, NSW
Service: Project Management, Superintendence